Part-time Cook & Food Preparation – Job Opportunity
Do you have a love for sharing good-vibes and healthy food? Are you passionate about creating an allergy-friendly space and working with gluten-free and allergy-friendly products daily?
Our new eatery/bakery is located in the heart of Leslieville in Toronto. Our goal is to bring delicious food and baked goods to ingredient aware and health-conscious Torontonians. We’re looking for like-minded, passionate, and hardworking individuals to join our team and work for one of the city’s most unique gluten-free and allergy-friendly eateries.
Come and join our quality team of energetic and passionate individuals!
We are hiring Part-time Cook/Food Preparation Worker. Regular tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation of allergy-friendly food items in accordance to approved specifications.
- Capable of using knives, slicing equipment and other food preparation equipment
- Cooking of food items in accordance to approved specifications.
- Running of bus tubs to the dish area. Washing dishes. Changing trash cans, dumping trash.
- Awareness and adherence to food safety procedures.
- Inventory management
- Receiving, rotating, and stocking of supplies and inventory. This may involve transporting boxes and cases up to 50 pounds
The ideal candidate:
- Exhibits a cheerful and helpful attitude to team members and guests at all times
- Must show enthusiasm and interest in creating a food allergy-friendly environment
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to quickly learn and follow recipes and instructions
- Dependable, punctual and attentive to detail
- Maintains a clean and tidy work station
- Comfortable working in small spaces
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Available to work shifts on weekdays and weekends
- Valid City of Toronto Food Handler Certification required
We sincerely thank you for your interest in this position. Note that only those applicants meeting job requirements will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and look forward to meeting you for an interview.
Please email your resume with contact information to email@example.com.
Contact: Pauline, Hype Food Co.