Baker – Job Opportunity
Do you have a love for sharing good-vibes and healthy food? Are you passionate about creating an allergy-friendly space and working with gluten-free and allergy-friendly products daily?
Our new eatery/bakery is located in the heart of Leslieville in Toronto. Our goal is to bring delicious food and baked goods to ingredient aware and health-conscious Torontonians. We’re looking for like-minded, passionate, and hardworking individuals to join our team and work for one of the city’s most unique gluten-free and allergy-friendly eateries.
Come and join our quality team of energetic and passionate individuals!
We are seeking an experienced baker with at least one year of previous experience with gluten-free or vegan baking. You will be responsible for opening the bakery in the morning, baking fresh pastries, cakes and cupcakes. Creativity and innovation are encouraged! It is also the baker’s responsibility to ensure the quality of the goods being used is up to par and make note of when supplies are running low so that an order can be made. We have both full-time and part-time positions available.
We are hiring Full-time/Part-time Gluten-Free Baker. Regular tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Opening the bakery in the morning
- Baking fresh pastries, cakes, cupcakes and cookies
- Working collaboratively with management to develop new products
- Ensuring high quality of products
- Food preparation and other kitchen tasks, as needed
- Inventory management
- Receiving, rotating, and stocking of supplies and inventory. This may involve transporting boxes and cases up to 50 pounds
- General Clean up, which includes washing dishes, changing trash cans, dumping trash.
The ideal candidate:
- Exhibits a cheerful and helpful attitude to team members and guests at all times
- Must show enthusiasm and interest in creating a food allergy-friendly environment
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to quickly learn and follow recipes and instructions
- Dependable, punctual and attentive to detail
- Maintains a clean and tidy work station
- Comfortable working in small spaces
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Available to work shifts on weekdays and weekends
- Valid City of Toronto Food Handler Certification required
We sincerely thank you for your interest in this position. Note that only those applicants meeting job requirements will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and look forward to meeting you for an interview.
Please email your resume with contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact: Pauline, Hype Food Co.